Here’s what you can expect during the installation process.
- We will send you a letter letting you know new meters are coming to your area and what to expect before your area’s installation window.
- We’ll give you a reminder call. Prior to your upgrade, we will call you at the number on your account. If you have changed your contact information recently, please call 1-866-869-8520, so we can update our records.
- We’ll knock on your door to let you know we’re on-site. Our authorized contractor, PMI, will arrive between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. PMI will drive vehicles and carry badges that identify them as an authorized contractor of Rocky Mountain Power. Unless your electric meter is inside, they will not need to enter your home.
- We’ll perform the upgrade. This process will cause a less-than-five-minute power outage. We will remove the old meter, install the new meter, restore service, and verify the new meter is functioning properly.
- We’ll leave a door hanger. The door hanger will let you know we were on your property and successfully upgraded you to a new meter. If for some reason we are unable to perform the work, the door hanger will notify you of our attempt and provide information on next steps.
- Once your upgrade is complete, we will manually read your meter the following month to confirm the new meter is working properly. After that, your meter reading will occur digitally.
What if we can’t install the meter at that time?
If for some reason we are unable to complete the installation of the new meter, we will leave a separate door hanger notifying you of our attempt and providing information on next steps. To schedule a new installation time, please call our authorized installer, PMI at 1-855-620-7989.
Get the most out of your new meter
After your upgrade, we will send you a postcard letting you know that your newly installed meter is working properly and you can sign into your online account to track your energy use, access your billing forecast, set up alerts and more through your online Rocky Mountain Power account.