Our long-term plan to serve customers continues to build an energy future that’s reliable, clean and affordable.
As part of PacifiCorp, we're moving forward with our Energy Vision 2020 initiative to significantly expand the amount of wind power serving customers by 2020. The $3.1 billion investment includes:
- Upgrading or “repowering” our existing wind fleet with larger blades and newer technology.
- Adding 1,150 megawatts of new wind resources.
- Building a new 140-mile Gateway West transmission segment in Wyoming to enable additional wind generation.
Energy Vision 2020 helps create a cleaner energy future for Rocky Mountain Power customers while keeping their energy bills affordable. It is a key part of our Integrated Resource Plan to meet customers’ energy needs.
- Keeping costs low: These projects now provide low-cost renewable energy throughout our service area.
- Benefiting rural economies: The projects created hundreds of construction jobs and are adding millions in tax revenue to rural economies.
- Building on a longstanding commitment: For several years, we've steadily increased our use of renewable energy to serve customers. PacifiCorp is following this initiative with an even larger deployment of new renewable resources, storage and transmission by 2024.