Our long-term plan to serve customers continues to build an energy future that’s reliable, clean and affordable.
As part of PacifiCorp, we're moving forward with our Energy Vision 2020 initiative to significantly expand the amount of wind power serving customers by 2020. The $3.1 billion investment includes:
- Upgrading or “repowering” our existing wind fleet with larger blades and newer technology.
- Adding 1,150 megawatts of new wind resources by the end of 2020.
- Building a new 140-mile Gateway West transmission segment in Wyoming to enable additional wind generation.
Energy Vision 2020 helps create a cleaner energy future for Rocky Mountain Power customers while keeping their energy bills affordable. It is a key part of our 2017 Integrated Resource Plan to meet customers’ energy needs over the next 20 years.
- Keeping costs low: Completing the projects by 2020 will allow the company to use federal production tax credits to provide a net cost savings to customers over the life of the projects.
- Benefiting rural economies: The projects are expected to create hundreds of construction jobs and add millions in tax revenue to rural economies.
- Building on a longstanding commitment: For several years, we've steadily increased our use of renewable energy to serve customers. Nearly one-third of our electric generation capacity is from zero-emitting plants.