Refrigerator & Freezer Recycling
Say "See ya later, refrigerator®" and earn $50
That old refrigerator or freezer in your basement or garage is probably costing more than you realize (see how much). Let us pick it up for free and you'll receive $50 for taking part.
Why get rid of your old refrigerator or freezer?
- It's wattsmart! – By discontinuing the use of a second refrigerator, you can save up to $150 a year on your electricity bill.
- Protect the environment – 95% of the old refrigerator or freezer will be reused.
- Get paid – Receive a $50 incentive check.
- Free CFLs – You'll receive a free kit at the time of pickup, including two free CFL bulbs and information to helpyou use less electricity.
What is eligible?
This program is offered to all Rocky Mountain Power customers in Idaho, Utah and Wyoming. Refrigerators must be in working condition and must be plugged in to verify they are working. Units between 10 and 32 cubic feet in size (based on inside measurements) qualify for the program. Please make sure your old unit is empty when it is picked up.
Remember, when shopping for a new refrigerator or freezer, choose an energy-efficient model. Find out how you can earn cash back on a new fridge or freezer.
Schedule your free pickup
- Sign up online
- Call toll free 1-866-899-5539
This program is offered to a limited geographic area from October 15 and March 15 each year because of possible weather and/or road conditions. If you are not sure about your area, please call 1-866-899-5539.
Customers must own the unit(s) being recycled. Limit two units per year for any residential or business customer. A check will be mailed to you within 4-6 weeks after the appliance collection. Rocky Mountain Power has contracted with JACO, an appliance recycler, to pick up and recycle refrigerators and freezers.
Incentives are subject to change at any time.