Web Account FAQ
New Web accounts
- What do I have to do to get online access to my account information?
You must first set up and activate a unique user ID and password for your Web account. The next step is to link your electric account(s) to your user ID for online access to your account information. It's that easy.
- Why do I have to provide my personal information to register a Web account?
We require either a driver's license number and date of birth, the last four digits of your Social Security Number or a tax ID number for corporations and government agencies to help verify your identity and protect your account. This information is kept strictly confidential.
- Can I register a closed account for online access?
Yes, however if an account has been closed for longer than three years, it is not available for online access.
- I am trying to register a Web account. When I put in my account number, it says "This account is not available for online access." What does that mean?
This message means that we do not have enough information on file for the system to verify your account online. Please call anytime at 1-800-538-4228 so we can update your account.
- I received the activation email and clicked on the link but it doesn't work. It says "the confirmation values are not valid."
For your protection, the activation link is only valid for 24 hours. If it has been more than 24 hours since you registered a Web account, please complete the registration process again. Please call us anytime at 1-800-538-4228 for assistance.
- Can I continue with registration if I do not receive my account activation email?
If you do not receive an activation email, there may be a problem with your e-mail address. You can either create a new user ID and password to continue with your registration immediately or you can re-register the user ID and password you just entered after 48 hours. User IDs that are not activated are removed from our system after 48 hours.
- I received the activation email but there is no link. What do I do now?
The activation link has been blocked or deactivated by your email provider. Please call us anytime at 1-800-538-4228 for assistance.
Passwords & user IDs
- I can't remember my user ID. How can I find out what it is?
In the Sign In box, click on the blue "Forgot User ID" link. You will be asked to enter your first and last name and your e-mail address. If the information entered matches the information you gave us when you first registered, you will be sent an e-mail containing your user ID. If you are no longer able to access the e-mail address you used to register your account, you will need to re-register using a different user ID and password.
- Can I change my user ID?
Unfortunately our site does not allow you to edit your user ID. If you would like to use a different user ID, you can create a new Web account. Once your new account is established, you may want to remove your old online profile. Please call us anytime at 1-800-538-4228 for assistance.
- I can't remember my password. Can you reset it for me?
For security reasons, we do not have access to your password. To reset your password, go to the Sign In box and click on the blue "Forgot Password" link. You will be asked to enter your user ID and your e-mail address. If the information you enter matches the information you gave us when you first registered, you will be sent an e-mail containing a link that will let you reset your password. If you are no longer able to access the e-mail address you used to register your account, you will need to re-register using a different user ID and password.
- I need to reset my password but I have a different email address than what is on file. How can I get it reset?
You will need to re-register with a different user ID and password. For security reasons, we cannot reset your password for you or change your email address.
- I received the password reset email but when I click the link, all I get is a "General Application Error." What happened?
The security settings of some email providers damage or remove parts of our activation link. Please call us anytime at 1-800-538-4228 for assistance.
Adding accounts to your profile
- How do I add another account to my profile?
Once you have logged in, select "Online Profile & Preferences" under the Your Account section. Then click on "Add an electric account." Once you have added additional accounts, you can choose which account to view by selecting it from the drop-down box at the top of the screen.