Solar power. No roof required.
Our Subscriber Solar program, which allows customers to subscribe to some or all of their energy from the power of the sun, is 99% subscribed. When the program is full, customers will have a choice to be added to the wait list. Then as blocks become available, customers on the wait list will be given priority to reserve blocks in the future.
Rocky Mountain Power developed the Subscriber Solar program to give customers another choice to use solar power even if they cannot afford private solar panels or do not want them on their home. If you are interested in renewable energy, please sign up for our wait list and/or enroll in our Blue Sky renewable energy program.
Quick Facts about Rocky Mountain Power’s Subscriber Solar program
- Rocky Mountain Power has purchased the output of a 20-megawatt solar plant in Millard County, Utah to pass on to participants in the program.
- Customers subscribe in blocks of 200-kilowatt-hours (kwh), which offsets usage on their energy bills.
- Customers can keep their subscription for up to 20 years. If they move to another site in Utah served by Rocky Mountain Power, their solar blocks go with them.
- Billing for the program will begin in January 2017. Once billing begins, customers have 30 days to cancel blocks to avoid a $50 cancellation fee per block. Cancelation fees are waived if you keep your subscription for at least three years. When customers cancel their subscription, the blocks are offered to the next customer on the wait list.
You can sign up now. You'll need your account number to complete the reservation process.
- Spring 2016 – Begin construction
- Summer 2016 – Reservations are now available.
- December 2016 – Complete construction of solar resource, program on-line
- January 2017 – Customers receive first bills with solar subscriptions