Blue Sky Program Overview
When you support Blue Sky, you help:
- Influence the future of energy production
- Encourage the development of new renewable energy in our region, which benefits local economies
- Preserve the environment and conserve resources for future generations
How does Blue Sky work?
- You buy renewable energy in 100 kilowatt-hour (kwh) increments, called blocks, for just $1.95 more per block per month.
- Rocky Mountain Power buys renewable energy certificates on your behalf equal to your Blue SkySM purchase and may help develop small-scale renewable projects in the communities we serve.
- You can buy as many blocks as you'd like. Ten blocks per month typically covers a typical home's electricity use.
- Participation is voluntary. You can cancel your enrollment anytime by calling us at 1-800-769-3717.
- Rocky Mountain Power does not profit from the Blue Sky program.
- Get additional information about Blue Sky resources
- Get more details in our frequently asked questions.
Real benefits now and for the future
Buying one 100-kwh block of Blue Sky each month for a year is as good for the environment as planting 12 trees or not driving a car 1,144 miles!*
We're doing our part, too
In addition to offering the Blue Sky program, Rocky Mountain Power also generates and purchases renewable power from regional facilities for all customers as part of our resource mix. We own 13 wind projects and purchase additional wind and solar resources.