Community Involvement & Volunteerism
Throughout our service area, our employees and volunteers work with a variety of community agencies to improve the environment, provide food and shelter for the underprivileged and enhance educational opportunities.
Recent activities include:
- Food drives and volunteer work at local food banks
- Clothing and toiletry drives for women and children in shelters
- United Way days of service
- Races and rides for various causes (Race for the Cure, Tour de Cure)
- Earth Day cleanup events
- Adopting families for the holidays
- Work on a home for Habitat for Humanity
- Initiating a “green team” to support sustainable practices in the office
The Rocky Mountain Power Foundation supports employees’ community involvement and charitable contributions.
Through the Global Days of Service program, the foundation matched hundreds of employee volunteer hours over the last year for a total of $80,000 to eligible nonprofit organizations across six states.
The foundation also matches employee contributions during our annual Community Giving Campaign, with matching dollars going to local United Way chapters and energy assistance programs.