Our voluntary load curtailment program, Energy Exchange, is a designed for customers with one or more megawatts of connected load.
Participating customers are offered financial incentives to reduce their energy use when regional power supply issues, wholesale market prices and other factors help us determine it's needed. Enrolled customers can evaluate our curtailment payment offers and decide if their situation enables them to curtail power use.
Energy Exchange customers help us to keep the power flowing to others in the region and to stabilize power purchase costs for the region's utilities, which in turn, helps us keep customer prices low.
How Energy Exchange works
- Once enrolled, you are given access to the Energy Exchange Web site.
- We post a price (Market Price Signal) on the Energy Exchange site for each hour that we need energy use reduction. Enrolled customers are notified when there is a price posting available for their consideration.
- You evaluate the posted prices and decide if it's advantageous to pledge an energy reduction.
- When we receive your curtailment pledge, we send a confirmation e-mail to notify you whether we have accepted your pledge.
- You fulfill your accepted curtailment pledge by reducing energy use during the hours and days you indicated in your pledge.
- We use data from your meter and a typical usage baseline usage to calculate the actual reduction in energy use. We issue you a payment for curtailment delivered under the program rules within 45 days.
There is no cost or obligation to enroll. Under this program, you control whether to curtail any portion of your energy usage at any time.
For more information:
- Contact your account manager
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org