Rates & Regulation
We are regulated by the public utilities commission for each state in which we operate, as well as the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
State public utility commissions regulate:
- prices charged to retail customers
- standards to ensure safety and reliability of product
- boundaries of service area
- bookkeeping methods
- matters relating to financial reorganization
- proposed purchases, sales or change in status of property company mergers
Rate Increase Projections
We understand electricity prices play an important role in the decisions our customers make. We’re here to provide you with safe, reliable, reasonably priced electricity. Minimizing price impacts is an important goal of each business decision we make.
Based upon customer feedback, we are providing our projected requests for price changes in a new way. This information may help you with planning and budgeting. Please keep in mind, state regulatory commission approval is required before any proposed price change goes into effect.